We send a team of eight to Hexham this afternoon, getting underway with Methodtothemadness and Grand Morning in the opening novice handicap chase. Methodtothemadness has a good record over course and…Read more >
Lucinda Russell Racing is Scotland's leading National Hunt yard.
Since 1995 Lucinda Russell has been training National Hunt horses, training over seven hundred winners including nine graded winners and winners at the Cheltenham and Aintree Festivals.
- 2009/10 - present Leading national hunt trainer in Scotland
- 2012 Cheltenham Festival Albert Bartlett winner Brindisi Breeze (Campbell Gillies)
- 2013/14 Broke record for jump winners in a season in Scotland with sixty six winners
- 2017 Aintree Grand National winner One For Arthur (Derek Fox)
- 2018 Lucinda awarded an OBE for services to horseracing.
- 2021 Aintree Sefton Hurdle winner Ahoy Senor (Derek Fox)
- 2021 Ayr Scottish Grand National winner Mighty Thunder (Tom Scudamore)
Lucinda trains in the beautiful Kinross countryside half an hour north of Edinburgh with her partner Peter Scudamore MBE, an eight time champion jockey who rode 1,678 winners in a record breaking career. Together they have formed a partnership that has produced the most successful racing yard in the history of Scottish jump racing.
The Russell family values and standards of honesty, integrity and diligence are etched in the Scotch Whisky history, and the same principles have led Lucinda Russell Racing to be consistently one of the leading jumps yards in Britain.
From the moment a horse arrives at LRR it is surrounded by a team that gives it the best chance to thrive and succeed.
Lucinda Russell Racing champion old fashioned customer service together with innovative thinking and modern communication to share our passion and love of horses and racing.
To join us and have your horse trained by the ambitious team at Lucinda Russell Racing contact us today.
We have a distinguished history of winners behind us and an exciting future ahead.
''The race is won or lost far away from crowds; behind the lines, on the gallops, in the yard, in the sun, the rain, the snow, long before the glory''
Join us in ownership of the tenacious WEST END LADY recent winner at Hexham.